Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Paper Dolls – The Original Dress Up Game


I have a treasure in my house. No, it’s not gold or silver – it’s authentic paper dolls. You probably know all about dress up games online, but have you ever been able to sit down with the dolls that are actually made from paper with little paper outfits you can change? It’s possible you have, especially if you have older sisters or a mother who kept her paper dolls, but the real paper dolls are a lost art and are getting scarce.

In my collection, I have over thirty different books of dolls and their outfits. Many of the books are still intact meaning I never went through to cut out the dolls and their clothing. Instead, I somehow suspected that the dolls would be more than a toy someday and left them in mint condition.

Am I planning to sell the collection? Certainly not! I don’t collect many things, but this is a collection I’m rather proud of. I’ve learned a lot about fashion and the style of the day from the books and cut-outs and I like to think that others can learn just as much by looking through my collection someday.

1 comment:

dressupgames said...

I remember before..I also used to play with paper dolls. I would draw on cardboards and design my own dress or gowns for my paper dolls..it was difficult but still fun.

Good thing girls nowadays get to enjoy playing these games online. ^^