Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dress Up Games and Make Up


I don’t wear a lot of make up and lately I’ve discovered that I’m not exactly alone in this. When I was younger, make up was very much a part of my dress up games, but now, I like to play the dress up games with a more natural look. Since most of my clothing is comfortable and casual, while still being mostly stylish, I feel a bit over done when I put on a full face of make up. I’d much rather swipe on some mascara and lip gloss and hit the road, so my dress up games reflect this.

When I was younger, I had a great time playing dress up games in my closet. I’d pull out outfits to try on and see what I could find that made up new, fun outfits. When I had an outfit I liked, I did my hair and put on my full face. If a friend and I were playing together, we might even take pictures of each other in a model like way to show off the look. Today I still like pulling on new outfits and digging through my closet. What I don’t like is thinking that a full face of make up is critical to the dress up game’s success.

No comments: