Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dress Up Games and Losing Weight


My favorite dress up games are the ones you play when you’re losing weight. I’ve been a bit over my normal weight limit for years and thanks to my fluctuating weight, I have a rather wide selection of wardrobes. I actually have four different wardrobes in totally different sizes. Now, though, I’m working on losing that weight and the inches are starting to drop. For me, that means it’s time for some dress up games!

These dress up games require a simple criteria – if it’s too big it gets tossed out. I don’t normally throw clothing away unless it’s tattered or gross, I prefer to give it away to others who need it. I start by pulling on all of my pants. The ones that are too loose and slide down my now-narrower hips go into the pile. Shirts that droop across my chest or have handfuls of extra material go into the pile, too. What’s left is pieced together into new outfits I can wear. The most exciting part of these games is when I get to open the boxes of clothing one size smaller up in the attic. When that happens, the dress up games start anew in a great, rewarding way.

No comments: