Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My New Favorite Dress Up Game


I have a new favorite dress up game. In the wide world of princess dress up games, I now have a thing for Princess Tiana. Of course she’s not much of a princess in the beginning of the movie, but a case of mistaken identity is perfect for dress up games. Not only does Tiana have some truly beautiful clothing in the movie, she’s also a very strong female character. Even when her mother encourages her to find her own “Prince Charming” and settle down in happiness, Tiana all but rolls her eyes and keeps on planning her restaurant dream.

She’s humble enough to be likable but tough enough to have everything together and really going for her. She’s not spoiled, she’s actually the only one in the latest Disney flick that works hard for what she wants without cutting corners or creating drama of any kind. It’s refreshing. It makes me wonder if there are already Tiana costumes out and available to buy for little girls. I’m feeling a need to buy one for my niece who will most definitely grow up to be a strong little girl.

No comments: