Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dress Up Games and Repetition


Most of the time, when faced with a repetitious task, I want to poke a pencil into my eye. Not really, but you know what I mean. With dress up games, however, although they are repetitive, they are still just plain fun. To play the dress up games, you’ll start with a doll base. Take that base and put on some hair and some clothing until you have a doll dressed up just the way you like her.

Then, when you’re done designing your first doll, save her, print her or ditch her and do it again. After the first doll, you simply create another one. And then another one. And then one more. And even though it’s the same thing over and over again, it doesn’t get old. Why? Because it’s a test of creativity rather than persistence. Unlike math problem, I’m designing dolls for fun and that makes it enjoyable to keep trying new patterns and styles. At the end of the game, or when I have to move on to do some of those icky math problems, I’m relaxed and proud of my many creations, and that’s certainly the best part.

No comments: