Friday, May 7, 2010

Dress Up Games and Dieting


It seems to happen every year. I head into my closet to dig out the warm weather clothing for summer and in the process of the dress up games realize that I’ve gained a bit since last summer. The dress up games always seem to bring bad tidings, but at least I’ve grown to recognize that this will happen and prepare for it as best I can.

Bulky sweaters and an overabundance of rich food over the winter months seems to make a bit of extra padding stick to me. Since I know this will be the case, I pull out my summer clothing easy on for some dress up games at home. I try on all of the outfits to figure out which ones I still love and at the same time take note of the weight I need to lose. I think put myself on a diet for the rest of spring so that I’ll be ready for the warm weather when summer finally does arrive. It’s gotten so that the spring and summer routine is just that – routine. But using dress up games as an indicator of weight also lets me wear the same basic fashions every season, which is certainly a good thing.

No comments: