Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dress Up Game and Summer Hair


One of the most frustrating parts of summer dress up games for me is the hairstyles. With the hot sun beating down on me in whatever outfit I choose, I want my hair up off my neck so that I can cool down easily enough. But I don’t want to look sloppy either. And I certainly don’t look very good with short hair. It’s a fine line to walk between being comfortable and looking good at the same time.

I’ve found through dress up games that having bangs gives me a lot of freedom in how I pull my hair up and style it. With bangs, my hair always looks a bit more stylish than if I’d pulled it back in a simple ponytail. I can twist it up casually and come away looking polished thanks to the bangs that would help to frame my face. It might not work for everyone, but having bangs and a distinct hairstyle has helped me not only through the winter months when I wear my hair down, but through the dress up games in the summer months when I feel like I really need to wear my hair up.

No comments: