Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dress Up Games and Paper Dolls


I was concerned for a while that paper dolls were going out of fashion. I loved paper dolls growing up and actually have a rather extensive collection of the dolls. Today, paper dolls haven’t disappeared, although I didn’t see them for a few years, they are just mixed in with other games for girls.

The majority of dress up games are online now. These dress up games let girls select a doll base and then dress her up in any number of outfits created from individual clothing items. The selection is huge and the game is more intricate than it was when you were restricted to the clothing cut out of a paper book. But even if they are old fashioned, I was relieved to find the original form of paper dolls in stores not too long ago.

Paper dolls are awesome as collectibles and I was able to watch a niece enjoy the dolls for the first time not too long ago. She had a book of dolls and was able to piece through it. When she pulled out some paper dolls of her own, I was thrilled.

No comments: